Data protection compliance is an increasingly important issue for all organisations which hold personal data. However, data protection rules can be complex and confusing. We have extensive knowledge and experience advising on the day to day use of data within a business and, can assist with ensuring that your business is data protection compliant.
We have the experience and expertise help you with:
• drafting or advising on agreements for data processing, sharing and storage (including data compliance in the world of cloud computing);
• drafting policies and procedures: including website privacy notices, website terms and conditions of use and cookies policies;
• advising on data protection issues associated with marketing activities;
• explaining data protection issues in contractual, licensing and service agreements;
• managing data security breaches; and
• responding to data subject access requests
Data Protection Audits
Good compliance practice always has to start with a benchmarking process. We can assist you, by working with management and key teams (such as HR, IT and Marketing) to understand how personal data is processed, stored and controlled within your organisation and to assess what, if anything, would need to be done to reach a high level of compliance. All of our audits are devised and charged on a bespoke basis, developed in accordance with your requirements.
Good data protection compliance rests on a solid understanding of the requirements of the data protection regime. Whilst there is a huge amount of information on the subject available often the best way to ensure this understanding is through training key members of your staff, particularly those who have control of personal data or information security. Our data protection training programmes range from a general introduction to the regime (explaining the key concepts and the standards that you need to meet) through to highly specific sessions for your organisation focusing on the issues that are most important to you.
If you have any questions about data protection or, if you feel that your organisation would benefit from a data protection audit or training please contact either David Miller or Claire Tonks, using the details provided below:
DDI: 01332 226466
Mobile: 07813 203658
DDI: 01332 227592
Mobile: 07570 671543