Litigation in the construction and engineering industry
Litigation is usually the final step in resolving a construction or engineering dispute and the English Courts are the pre-eminent dispute resolution centre of the world.
Our Construction & Engineering team have acted for developers/employers, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and sub-subcontractors in major Technology and Construction Court litigation.
We are familiar with the relevant protocols and TCC guidelines, and have strong relationships with some of the country’s leading construction counsel who can be called upon to assist in the most complex matters as required.
Key facts about litigation
- Subject to the appeal process, a Court order is a final determination;
- Decisions are made available to the public;
- A fair, detailed and certain dispute process, which allows a thorough examination of the facts of the dispute;
- Suitable for simple and complex disputes; and
- Generally takes a long time to reach a trial and is a costly process.