An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated paralegal to join our busy and expanding Corporate team.
The team has a strong track record of advising on transactions not only in the East Midlands but also nationally, including a breadth of clients ranging from both owner and managed businesses, to large and overseas listed corporations.
The Corporate team has advised on numerous high-value deals and in the last 12 months alone, has transacted on deals with an aggregate value in excess of £150,000,000.
With two partners and an associate solicitor, it is a very busy, hard-working but close-knit team who provide a supportive working environment. This represents an excellent and exciting opportunity for the right-minded, hard-working and focused paralegal to progress their career as a corporate lawyer.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work on a wide range of corporate matters, with a focus on transactional work;
- Assist with the analysis, management and reporting of due diligence information, including management of online data rooms;
- Prepare/review corporate transactional documents, including taking responsibility for ancillary documents forming part of a transaction;
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach with great attention to detail;
- Provide assistance to the partners and associate solicitor on high-value transactions;
- Prepare for completion meetings, handle post-completion filings and prepare completion bibles;
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines and be able to prioritise tasks effectively;
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and other departments in the firm;
- Conduct legal research; and
- Provide administrative support where required.
Essential qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
- To be considered for this role, candidates must have a law degree (2.1) or other legal qualification and will have preferably completed the Legal Practice Course;
- 6 months plus experience working within a corporate team;
- Possess excellent client care and communication skills;
- Have excellent knowledge of IT systems and processes (in particular Microsoft Excel); and
- Be a hard-working and highly motivated individual, with the ability to work cohesively as part of a larger team.
If you would like to apply directly with your LinkedIn account, please click here.
Alternatively, to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com or send by post to Angie Whittingham, Flint Bishop LLP, St Michael’s Court, St Michael’s Lane, Derby, DE1 3HQ.