In response to significant organic growth, we are currently on a recruitment drive to expand our 180 lawyers and staff. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent client-focused services, with high retention rates of both clients and staff premised on sound financial stability.
We seek individuals who can deliver exceptional quality client service, and share our ethos and commitment to building long-lasting client relationships.
This vacancy represents a rare opportunity to join a top rated and highly respected firm and to expand and grow the Defendant Insurance Department, as well as a chance for the right candidate to grow and develop their career.
Given the excellent nature of this role and the opportunities it provides, we are inviting applications from a range of candidates, who have an excellent academic background and experience within the field of defending large loss/catastrophic loss Personal Injury claims.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- Play a key role in the effective management and progression of defended claims which involve complex issues and have a high potential value
- To assist members of the Large Loss/Catastrophic Loss Teams in the day to conduct of litigated and pre-litigation cases;
- Demonstrate a proven track record of successfully assisting in the effective handling of defended large loss Personal Injury Claims;
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach with great attention to detail in the review and interpretation of documentation and evidence;
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and to prioritise tasks effectively;
- To take ownership of designated tasks, and operate an efficient diary system to ensure pro-active progression;
Essential qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualification to at least degree level or equivalent;
- Experience of assisting with high value and complex defended Personal Injury Claims;
- An excellent academic background;
- Possess exceptional client care skills;
- Have excellent knowledge of IT systems and processes;
- Be a team player and be able to get on with others; and
- Be highly motivated and have the ability to genuinely add value to the role.
To apply, please send your application to Angie Whittingham at email@example.com or send via post to Angie Whittingham, St Michael’s Court, St Michael’s Lane, Derby, DE1 3HQ.
<< back to legal careers