Our Family Team at Flint Bishop is one of the most respected in the East Midlands, described in the Chambers Directory as, “A highly knowledgeable, experienced and exceptionally customer-orientated Family Law team.
We are recruiting a Family Law solicitor to work alongside the Head of the Team, Kirpal Bidmead, who has been recognised by The Legal 500 as an “outstanding individual”.
This is a role based predominantly in our Derby Office and in Ashbourne on occasions.
Main tasks and duties:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage their own caseload and work independently;
- Conduct their own files through to conclusion;
- Conduct their own advocacy at Directions Hearings in s.8 Children Act 1989 cases;
- Use the Team’s case management system;
- Work to a consistently high standard and be self-motivated; and
- Be actively involved in marketing and business development.
Essential qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ideally a minimum of 1 year plus PQE exclusively in the field of Family Law;
- Have a passion for private children law and a desire to develop family finance experience;
- Possess networking and client development skills;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Have intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Be a team player and be able to get on with others;
- Enjoy working in a culture that is highly focused, but friendly and supportive; and
- Be highly motivated and have the ability to genuinely add value to the role.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post to Angie Whittingham, Flint Bishop LLP, St Michael’s Court, St Michael’s Lane. Derby DE1 3HQ.