Amendments to Personal Licences in Scotland following the Air Weapons & Licensing Act
Key thing which remains:
- Personal Licence expiry after 10 years still applies.
- Five-year ban no longer applies if there is a failure to carry out and/or notify refresher training;
- The Licensing Board must give nine months’ notice to the licence holder that their personal licence will expire unless renewed; and
- A Personal Licence can be renewed during a period of nine months beginning 12 months before the expiry date
Those Personal Licences which expired before the legislation changed can now be reapplied for.
A new application must be submitted, and any previous training cannot be relied upon.
- A licence holder must still take refresher Personal Licence holder training every five years and notify the Licensing Board that it has been completed; and
- We can organise training and refresher training if required.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Alcohol & Entertainment Licensing team on 01332 226 142.