01332 340 211

Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) (Amendment) Order 2016

Town and Country Planning

The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) (Amendment) Order 2016 came into force on 06 April 2016.

The changes to the Town and Country Planning will mean that where there is a change of use from offices to dwelling houses, the development would be permitted subject to a condition that before beginning the development the developer must apply to the local planning authority for a determination as to whether the prior approval of the authority will be required as to impacts of noise from commercial premises on the intended occupiers of the development.

The regulation goes on to confirm that commercial premises include any Premises Licenced under the Licensing Act 2003 or any other place of public entertainment.

The new regulations will result in developers being required to seek prior approval on noise impact before a change of use can be carried out. In short, if a music venue is nearby developers will need to liaise with the Local Authority and it is hoped that live music will be protected.

The new legislation has been warmly welcomed by those striving to protect music venues.

For further information, please contact our Alcohol & Entertainment Licensing team on 01332 340 211.

< Back
All News >


Contact us


If you have received a letter from our Debt Recovery team, please refer to the contact details provided in the letter to ensure your enquiry is dealt with promptly by the correct member of our team.

For all other enquiries, please complete the form below.

Derby Head Office:
St. Michael’s Court
St. Michael’s Lane
Tel: 01332 340 211
Fax: 01332 207 601
DX: 729320 Derby 24
SRA number: 509657

54, St. John Street
Tel: 01335 342 208
Fax: 01335 342 010
DX: 26834 Ashbourne
SRA number: 511804

Opening Times:
Our offices are open Monday to
Friday between 08:00 & 18:00

Contact us