Beth trained with Flint Bishop and qualified into the Employment department in 2013. She is now an Associate within the employment team. She has experience working for an international law firm, which adds to her wealth of experience and portfolio of technical skills. Beth is dedicated to delivering exceptional client care.
Beth advises employers ranging from SMEs to large international PLC companies in relation to all aspects of UK employment law and HR. Beth takes the time to understand the nature of the business and each particular scenario in order to give bespoke advice tailored to each situation. This is why her clients remain so loyal and enjoy working with her on a day to day basis.
Beth particularly enjoys corporate and real estate work and is experienced in carrying out employment due diligence in a corporate acquisition also providing TUPE advice in relation to business transfers. Beth has been involved in multi-million-pound transactions for high profile clients.
In addition, Beth advises Senior Executives and other employees in relation to their settlement agreements and can offer this service for a fixed price.
Beth gives advice to her clients that is technically on point but most importantly is understandable, straight-forward and in line with what her clients want to achieve. She is pragmatic, down to earth and approachable, all of which are vital skills within this industry.
Outside of work Beth can be found travelling, spending time with her horse and enjoying the finer things in life.
How can Beth help you?
- Employment input into corporate and property support transactions
- Drafting contracts of employment, employment policies, and consultancy agreements
- Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
- Dismissals (including sensitive or challenging dismissals)
- Redundancies and restructures, including where collective consultation is required
- Changing terms and conditions
- Protecting businesses against post-termination risks
- TUPE, including provision of Employee Liability Information, assisting with measures and pre and post transfer obligations
- Advice on the Equality Act and specifically Discrimination
- Employment law lead for extensive employment and HR due diligence and drafting new service agreements in the acquisition of Aganto Limited by GL Events.
- Advised on the dismissal of two employees detained in custody for conspiracy to commit theft of £7million in one of the biggest heists in criminal history.
- Successfully exited three senior executives from a Company through the use of the section 111A “protected conversation” process.
- Successfully settled through Acas conciliation, an unfair dismissal claim brought against a large garment cleaning Company.
- Advised on a sensitive dismissal of an employee suffering with a mental health condition through obtaining a psychiatric report and assisted in the preparations of the meetings with the employee.
- Conducted a sensitive protected conversation with an employee during a grievance meeting.
Beth really does strive to give a good service to all of her clients and she is fortunate enough that her clients agree with her:
"“I am extremely satisfied with the service provided by Beth Bearder. She is always prompt to respond and provides me with very sound advice”
Lis Shelley, Group Human Resources Manager, Greenshields JCB
"Our solicitor Beth, handled everything with outstanding professionalism and expertise, even trying to save us further expenditure on their services where possible, to help keep our costs down."
Sarah Straughton, HR Manager, Micronclean Limited
"“Beth is so knowledgeable and I always leave our meetings in awe of Beth…”
Jayn Sterland, Managing Director Weleda UK Limited
01332 226 146Email:
email@example.comClick here to connect with Beth on LinkedIn