Prior to qualifying as a lawyer, Bev Simms was a partner & co-owner of a successful East Midlands based property development and Investment Company and as such, has a unique perspective in a ‘client-side’ commercial environment.
Since joining Flint Bishop in 2004, Bev has worked primarily in residential and commercial development work and acts for a range of well-known house builders and commercial property developers across the Midlands.Bev also advises a number of major banks in relation to security and funding aspects and corporate support.
Bev is highly regarded within the East Midlands as being an expert in her field and has gained a reputation in the Education Sector as well as the Commercial Sector, having acted as lead Partner in a number of Colleges and Schools on several high profile multi-million pound development projects and more recently relating to academy conversions.
Clients praise Bev for her in-depth technical knowledge, her understanding for commercial reality and her pragmatic and personable approach. Bev is recognised for her sound commercial advice by the Legal 500.
How can Bev help you?
- Conditional Sale Agreements
- Development Agreements
- Land acquisition and disposals including options
- Site assembly for residential and commercial developments
- Profit sharing/overage agreements
- Planning/Section Agreements
- Joint Ventures as part of a wider team construction and public procurement
- Acquisition and disposal of land by schools - both freehold and leasehold including playing fields
- Leases and land transfers - on academy conversions
- Development projects - shared use agreements
- Public/private land requirements - including the need for the landlord's and/or Secretary of State's consent
- Consolidation of property portfolios into various group structures
Work HighlightsExample 1
Acting for a national housing developer in the acquisition and development of two large-scale residential development sites located in the Midlands region.Example 2
Advising a number of healthcare organisations on the acquisition and sale of commercial property and land (leasehold and freehold).
"The Legal 500 recognises that Flint Bishop LLP is particularly active for large commercial developers such as Bowmer & Kirkland. Highlights included advising Clowes Developments on a £70m deal involving a lease to Marks & Spencer, and a separate £35m letting and sale to The Co-operative. Ian Beardmore and Bev Simms "understand client requirements."
The Legal 500 2012
: 01332 226 484Mobile
: 07918 755 232Email
: email@example.comClick here to connect with Bev on LinkedIn