Lorna joined Flint Bishop Solicitors in 2010 and was made a Partner in 2015.
Lorna has over 10 year’s litigation experience. The majority of her work is in commercial litigation and she is praised by her clients for her robust advice and commercial approach, which sees her getting excellent results. Lorna gives practical advice to enable clients to achieve the best and most commercial outcome.
Lorna also has an interest in complex contentious probate claims, partnership disputes, professional negligence matters and land disputes. She regularly helps large companies in seeking to enforce employees post-termination contractual obligations. Lorna is a registered member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
Lorna is regularly instructed by large multi-national companies and deal with high value and complex claims.
In addition to her litigation work Lorna supervises and manages client projects within the debt recovery department.
How can Lorna help you?
- Commercial contract disputes
- Commercial Landlord and Tenant disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Credit management and risk
- Complex contentious probate claims
- Partnership disputes
- Land disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Injunctions to enforce ex-employees restrictive covenants and post termination contractual obligations.
Awards & Accolades
- Part of the team that won the ‘Law Firm of the Year’ category at the Credit Awards 2018
- Part of the team that won the ‘Collections’ category at the CCR Awards 2017
- Recommended by the Legal 500 2017
- Part of the ‘Tier One’ Legal 500 Commercial Litigation team
- Part of the team that was highly recommended in the ‘Legal and Enforcement’ category, CCR Awards 2015
- Part of team that won the ‘Legal Recovery Firm of the Year’ award in the National Credit Today Debt Collection Awards
- Part of the team Shortlisted for The Legal 500 ‘East Midlands Firm of the Year Litigation’.
Work HighlightsExample 1
Acted for a multi-national company in a contract claim which involved a counterclaim of circa £1.2mil. The claim was dealt with in the specialist Technology and Construction Court and ultimately resulted in the counterclaim being dismissed and my client receiving a significant paymentExample 2
Acted for a number of clients (in seeking to recover their uninsured losses) whose business premises were damaged and destroyed by an explosion. The claim involved multiple defendants and complex issues in relation to liability and quantum. The various defendants were represented by national firms. The claims were worth a value in excess of £2mil.Example 3
Acted for a large national developer in a claim pursuant to Section 25 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1925. The client needed a tenant to vacate premises to allow for redevelopment. The tenant was reluctant to leave and the client needed them to vacate sooner than a court hearing would allow. The claim meant that I had to negotiate and think outside of the box to achieve a favourable result for the client.Example 4
Acted for a large national company in providing advice in connection with a breach by an ex-employee of their post-termination restrictive covenants and breaches of confidentiality and helped to enforce those covenants in a commercial and cost-effective manner with the use of undertakings and witness evidence.
: 01332 226 476Mobile
: 07501 727 684Email
: firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to connect with Lorna on LinkedIn