Seb Walker is an Employment Law & HR Solicitor in the Employment department at Flint Bishop Solicitors.
Seb qualified as a solicitor in 2010 and since then has specialised exclusively in the area of Employment Law and HR.
Seb acts for businesses of all shapes and sizes and across many different sectors in all types of employment law and HR matters.
Seb gives businesses practical, straight-forward advice that ultimately gets to the outcome that the client wants to achieve. Seb avoids being unnecessarily procedurally-driven or risk-averse, allowing his clients to continue to manage their businesses in the way that they need to do so. Seb also gets on well with his clients and responds to telephone calls/emails promptly.
Seb can be at the end of the phone if and when issues arise, in order to “bounce off” ideas or run something by before proceeding through with it. Seb can also guide clients throughout entire HR process from start to finish.
Seb likes to try and prevent issues from arising in the first place. Seb is willing to advise clients “behind the scenes” or take more of a direct approach to dealing with other sides’ legal representatives in person.
How can Seb help?
- Implementing structural changes throughout organisations which often involve issues such as TUPE, reorganisations and collective consultation.
- The employment aspects of corporate transactions involving the sale and purchase of businesses
- Day-to-day HR issues involving managing long-term sickness absence and poor performance, changing terms and conditions of employment, drafting employment contracts and staff handbooks and advising on pregnancy/maternity matters.
- More contentious HR issues involving restrictive covenant disputes, discrimination issues, grievance handling, disciplinary action, settlement agreements and unfair dismissal rights.
- Aside from his day to day advisory role, Seb enjoys getting out of the office and meeting clients at their premises, as well as assisting with presentations, seminars, training sessions and mock tribunals.
- Advising a large Group of companies on the employment aspects of a transaction which involved the closure of one site and the relocation of staff to another, as well as issues involving collective redundancy consultation, the election of employee representatives and reorganising remaining employees into suitable alternative roles.
- Conducting a grievance investigation process on behalf of a client, where the grievance concerned various complaints by one director of the company against his fellow directors.
- Advising a company on carrying out a disciplinary process against two of its employees who were about to leave and join a competitor, which also involved advising the client on the enforceability of various restrictive covenants in the departing employees’ employment contracts and the later settlement of the claims generally.
"Seb Walker and the Flint Bishop team have consistently delivered a first class service in relation to HR and employment issues to us. They are always available and the advice is both comprehensive and practical. I have, and will continue to recommend them to anyone requiring advice on HR and Employment."
Mark Clifford, Group Managing Director, ALTRAD UK
"In the past year I have needed to consult with Seb on a wide range of topics from various employment issues including creating a new contract of employment and a staff handbook for the business. I have found Seb to be extremely knowledgeable and the information that comes back to be informative and accurate. Each question is responded to very quickly, allowing us to resolve any issues in a timely manner and successfully."
John Ready, Operations Director, Eggleston Steel Ltd
"Since joining my new company several months ago now as UK HR Manager, I have had a number of reasons to contact Seb Walker specifically on ER matters. I have never gone away from a conversation or meeting with Seb still feeling unsure or not confident in the support or advice that Seb has provided. Seb is happy to provide this support and advice to enable me to go away and put into practice the guidance he has given, and has equally offered further support to me by picking up specific actions or tasks I feel unable to complete. Having the option of contacting Seb to provide a high level of guidance and support on ER matters means I can tackle any issues that land on my plate as a HR Manager daily, with confidence."
Kathryn Leedham, HR Manager, Nitto Denko UK Ltd
: 01332 265 952Email
: email@example.comClick here to connect with Seb on LinkedIn