01332 340 211

Ending a civil partnership

If you are in a same-sex civil partnership but wish to end it, we can help you. Just as we have many others.

To end your civil partnership you will need to get a dissolution. You must have been in your civil partnership for at least 12 months and you must prove that it has irretrievably broken down.

Adultery cannot be used as the basis for your civil partnership dissolution. However, you can refer to adultery as an example of unreasonable behaviour.

In the same way, as married couples, you have the right to make financial claims against each other. Our family law solicitors can help you to decide how to proceed and guide you through the process.

Contact us now

If you need help, you can contact our Family team on 01332 226 174 or complete this form.


Contact us


If you have received a letter from our Debt Recovery team, please refer to the contact details provided in the letter to ensure your enquiry is dealt with promptly by the correct member of our team.

For all other enquiries, please complete the form below.

Derby Head Office:
St. Michael’s Court
St. Michael’s Lane
Tel: 01332 340 211
Fax: 01332 207 601
DX: 729320 Derby 24
SRA number: 509657

54, St. John Street
Tel: 01335 342 208
Fax: 01335 342 010
DX: 26834 Ashbourne
SRA number: 511804

Opening Times:
Our offices are open Monday to
Friday between 08:00 & 18:00

Contact us