Andy is an experienced Employment Law practitioner and qualified in 2008. After spells working in Huddersfield and Leeds Andy relocated to the region for family reasons and joined Flint Bishop in the Autumn of 2014.
Andy provides support to a wide range of clients ranging from large blue chip Companies with a multimillion pound turnover and employee numbers in the thousands to SME’s and schools.
Since 2010 Andy’s primary focus has been a provision of HR and Employment Law support to the education sector and he currently advises over 50 schools and multi-academy trusts in a sector that can often be challenging which presents its own unique problems to be overcome.
Andy does also have a portfolio of commercial clients, to which he provides sound commercially focused employment law and HR advice.Andy is known for his straight talking, no-nonsense commercial approach and his clients value his ability to quickly grasp key issues and provide advice which enables his clients to get on with what they do best, be that running their company or teaching children in school.
Andy’s clients describe him as friendly and personable and able to quickly form strong working relationships.
Recently, Andy has been at the forefront of developing Flint Bishop’s services to academies and multi-academy trusts. Andy is a particular specialist in this specific area and was instrumental in establishing the ability to provide this service to clients of the firm.
How can Andy help?
Andy can help you with almost any employment or HR challenge that your business faces. For example he:
- can assist with the day-to-day handling of workplace disputes and assist in working towards the resolution that is his client’s desired outcome.
- keeps up to date with all developments in employment law and education and is able to quickly apply these developments to the working environment and to working practices.
- is known by his clients for his straight-talking approach enabling him to cut through an argument which has no merit.
- is able to effectively manage and/or negotiate the exit of difficult employees from your business or school if necessary.
- can walk individuals in schools through the processes involved in either becoming, or joining a multi-academy trust, and provide hands-on HR assistance through all aspects of this transaction such as TUPE and advising on the due diligence process.
- Successfully assisting a client with a complex working time issue raised by an employee against a client which, if had the defence not been successful, would have led to a vast number of claims from employees of the Company, which had the potential to cost the Company significant financial expense.
- Advising on the formation and growth of multi-academy trusts from inception through to becoming trusts with cross-county influence.
- Completing many in-house HR processes leading to a satisfactory outcome for clients, in the least hassle way for them.
- Being described as ‘part of the team’ for many of his clients who describe being able to rely upon and discuss any issue with him, and act quickly on his advice to resolve their difficulties.
"Andrew Nicklin has been outstanding representative for Flint Bishop and has always conducted himself in a completely professional manner and is a credit to the company.”
Martyn Owen, Headteacher, Murray Park School
“Flint Bishop have worked with The Two Counties Trust on a number of issues and I have been particularly impressed with Andy Nicklin's responsiveness, knowledge of employment law and his practical approach when giving advice”
Debbie Duggan, HR Director, The Two Counties Trust
“Andy Nicklin has been a real asset to our organisation and always comes up with creative ways to resolve our ER issues. I would totally recommend your services to other organisations.”
Jo Dufty, HR Director, Environmental Scientifics Group Limited
: 07973 957526Email
: firstname.lastname@example.orgConnect with Andy on LinkedIn