Janine joined Flint Bishop LLP in March 2013.
Janine trained with a top tier family team in Bristol before returning to the Midlands upon qualification in 2009, specialising in matrimonial finance within a Leading National Practice.
Janine advises on all aspects of family law, with a particular emphasis on the resolution of financial issues for wealthy individuals. Janine has successfully represented city professionals, entrepreneurs, farmers and their spouses or partners. Janine increasingly drafts, negotiates and advises on fair nuptial agreements to protect and safeguard family wealth.
By taking the time to fully understand the client’s individual and business needs, Janine gives practical and pragmatic advice. Janine is solution driven; aiming to resolve disputes as swiftly and constructively as possible.
Janine is also a member of Resolution, Derby and District Law Society and Derby’s Family Law Committee.
How can Janine help?
- Nuptial agreements – Drafting, reviewing and negotiating fair nuptial agreements to protect family wealth
- Divorce, civil partnership dissolution and judicial separation – advising and representing both Petitioners and Respondents.
- Finances – advising on settlement parameters, negotiating financial settlements, preparing separation agreements and representing spouses and interveners in financial remedy proceedings.
- Cohabitation – advising unmarried couples using property and trust law principles to quantify to protect beneficial interests and claims. Preparing cohabitation agreements to clarify financial entitlement before couples move in together. Assisting unmarried parents with financial claims under Schedule 1 of the Children Act.
- Children – advising on residence and contract disputes, relocation and specific issues.
- Secured a £1.3m settlement for a wife, who was initially offered a life interest in a property on the basis of inherited wealth.
- Briefed Nicholas Mostyn QC (as he then was) for a ten day final hearing in the High Court on post separation accrual with assets in excess of £20m.
- Settled a financial remedy application for a private banker with complicated remuneration. The client had assets and business interests in the UK, Middle East and Canada.
- Organised a round table meeting to reach a quick settlement for a former England footballer.
- Successfully protected assets by issuing a Notice to Show Cause in response to a wife’s application for all forms of financial remedy.
"At a time of significant anxiety, Janine from Flint Bishop supported me to gain clarity and greater understanding of the legal and financial context and processes relating to my circumstances. I felt well supported throughout my case and fully informed at all times."
"May I take this opportunity to thank you for help and guidance over what at times has been a difficult period of my life. Please pass my thanks on to Janine who has at all times given me confidence right from the start in making the difficult decision to end my 26-year marriage. Janine was professional in all areas, she listened with empathy and gave guidance at all times and at no point did I feel pressured to make any decisions I was not happy with. Janine made me feel comfortable in her presence and explained everything clearly. Janine is an asset to Flint Bishop LLP. I wish you and Janine all the best in the future."
"Thank you so much for all your work, your efficiency, your kindness and speed where needed. I am so impressed."
"Many, many thanks for all your support. I do hope your secretary did not feel too embarrassed to pass on the big hugs to you that I felt were only too justified.”
: 01332 226 477Mobile
: 07961 122 377Email
: email@example.comClick here to connect with Janine on LinkedIn