We are searching for a Business Development Executive to work closely with our senior leadership team.
Flint Bishop is a multi-award winning, top 200 law firm in England and Wales.
Joining one of the largest independent law firms in Derbyshire, the firm has an excellent reputation in the market and currently provides legal advice for some of the biggest household name clients in the UK.
You will manage business development activities within a defined area or sector of the firm working closely with other teams to develop new business.
Reporting directly to the Senior Leadership team, you will have a high level of commercial awareness and experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment.
Duties of the Business Development Executive
Generate new business leads for your area/sector by researching the market ;
- Cold calling targets/potential clients and build up relationships;
- Follow up on new business enquiries;
- Work to achieve new business targets and KPI’s;
- Analyse existing approaches to the development of business, suggesting changes where appropriate;
- Carry out some face to face meetings with decision makers;
- Update the CRM system with key BD activities;
- Work with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business development activities; and
- Attend key activities/events in order to generate business leads.
Background of the Business Development Executive
- Previous business development experience in the professional services sector is essential;
- Proven track record in business development and winning new business;
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through the generation of leads;
- Proposal/pitch experience desirable;
- Excellent communication skills that can be used verbally and orally at all levels;
- Be self-motivated, innovative and creative with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed;
- Well-organised with previous experience of using CRM systems;
- BSC/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field; and
- Possess the full UK driving licence and own transport.
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A 5-minute walk from Derby city centre
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.