Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a stand-out individual to work closely with our commercial teams.
This appointment is ideal for someone looking to develop their career with a varied and interesting workload, flexibility and freedom in a supportive and friendly environment.
About the role
You will manage business development activities for our commercial teams alongside the relevant heads of departments, developing existing client relationships and securing new clients for the firm.
Reporting directly to the Senior Leadership team, you will have a high level of commercial awareness and experience of working within a professional services environment.
You will be expected to:
- Generate new business leads by researching the target specialism or sector market
- Cold call potential clients and build relationships
- Follow up on new business enquiries
- Work to new business targets and key performance indicators as set by the Chief Executive
- Analyse existing approaches to the development of business, suggesting changes where appropriate
- Carry out face to face meetings with key decision makers in our commercial teams
- Update our CRM system with key business development activities
- Work with our Marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools that support new business development activities
- Attend key activities and events to generate business leads
You will have
- Previous business development experience in the professional services sector
- A proven track record in utilising business development to win new business and increase revenue
- Proposal and pitch writing experience (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- A self-motivated, innovative and creative work ethic and a desire to succeed
- Previous experience of using CRM systems and have good organisational skills
- A BSC or BA in business administration, sales or another relevant field (desirable)
- A full UK driving licence and have your own form of transport
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A five-minute walk from Derby city centre
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.