An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated paralegal to join our busy and expanding Corporate & Finance team.
Our Corporate & Finance team has a strong track record of advising on national transactions including a breadth of clients ranging from owner managed businesses, to large overseas listed corporates.
The team advises on numerous high-profile and high-value deals and in the last 12 months alone, has transacted on deals with an aggregate value in excess of £150m.
About the role
With two partners and an associate solicitor, it is a very busy and hard-working, but friendly corporate team, who provide a supportive working environment.
This role presents an excellent and exciting opportunity for a conscientious, hard-working and focused paralegal to progress their career as a corporate lawyer.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work on a wide range of corporate matters, with a focus on transactional work
- Assist with the analysis, management and reporting of due diligence information, including management of online data-rooms
- Prepare and review corporate transactional documents, including taking responsibility for ancillary documents forming part of a transaction
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach with great attention to detail
- Provide assistance to the partners and associate solicitor on high-value transactions
- Prepare for completion meetings; handle post-completion filings and prepare completion bibles
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines and be able to prioritise tasks effectively
- Build strong relationships with colleagues, clients and other departments within the firm
- Conduct legal research
- Provide administrative support where required
- Have a law degree (2.1 or higher) or other legal qualification
- Preferably have completed the Legal Practice Course
- Ideally have a minimum of six months’ experience working within a corporate team
- Possess excellent client care and communication skills
- Have a sound knowledge of IT systems and processes, such as the Microsoft suite
- Be a hard-working and highly-motivated individual with the ability to work cohesively as part of a larger team
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme, which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A 5-minute walk from Derby city centre
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.