A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Corporate & Finance team as a solicitor.
The team has a strong track record of advising on local and national transactions for clients ranging from owner-managed businesses to large listed corporates, in the UK and overseas.
The Corporate & Finance team advises on a varied mixture of high-profile and high-value deals, which in the last 12 months alone, have an aggregate value in excess of £150m.
With two partners, a senior associate solicitor and a paralegal, it is a busy, hard-working and close-knit team who provide a supportive working environment. This represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and driven solicitor with up to two years of post-qualification experience in a corporate environment, to progress their career with an award-winning firm.
About the role
You will be expected to demonstrate your ability to:
- Work on a wide range of corporate matters, with a focus on transactional work
- Assist with the management, analysis and reporting of due diligence information, including management of online data rooms
- Prepare, review and negotiate corporate transactional documents, including taking responsibility for ancillary documents forming part of a transaction
- Show great attention to detail
- Work under pressure, often to tight deadlines and be able to prioritise tasks effectively
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and other teams within the firm
- Conduct legal research
- Work flexibly to accommodate the needs of the department, which may sometimes include working outside of ‘normal’ office hours
- Have a law degree (2.1 or above) or other suitable legal qualification
- Have between 12 and 24 months’ experience of working within a corporate team, including undertaking due diligence, reviewing, drafting and amending corporate ancillary documents and undertaking disclosure exercises
- Possess excellent client care and communication skills
- Have excellent knowledge of IT systems and processes, in particular, Microsoft Excel
- Be a hardworking and highly motivated individual, with the ability to work cohesively as part of a larger team
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A five-minute walk from Derby city centre
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.