An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Debt Recovery team as a legal assistant.
Our Legal 500-ranked, fast-paced and hard-working Debt Recovery team empowers individuals to manage their own caseload of work, whilst also contributing to a friendly and supportive team environment.
We provide the complete commercial debt recovery service, from outsourced early arrears collections through to expert litigation.
The team that you would work for is led by two managers with 15 years’ combined experience in debt recovery. We conduct debt recovery for some large household names with an ever-expanding client base. Our clients span many industries where we have an excellent reputation for our work.
About the role
You would be working closely with our wider Debt Recovery team at an exciting time, having just won three major debt recovery awards.
The role is ideal if you want to learn about the pre-legal and legal aspects of debt recovery and take that first step into litigation.
This role is a self-starter, you will have designated clients and will manage your own caseload.
- Have a minimum of a 2:1 legal degree
- Preferably have prior debt recovery experience
- Preferably have experience in a legal setting
- Be able to work alone and manage your own caseload
- Have a genuine desire and interest in working in a contentious area of the law
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines with your caseloads
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A 5-minute walk from Derby city centre
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.