A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the firm’s Employment and HR department, one of the largest and fastest growing in the East Midlands, recommended by the Legal 500 as acting for “an impressive list of regional and national businesses on contentious and non-contentious employment matters”.
The appointment will be ideal for someone looking to develop their career with a varied and interesting workload, flexibility and freedom in a supportive and friendly environment.
About the role
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Manage a varied caseload that may include supporting fee earners in:
- Providing employment law advice to education and commercial clients;
- Drafting advice reports, supporting clients with processes and other documentation such as settlement agreements;
- Assisting clients with HR processes and procedures;
- Handling cases through tribunal proceedings;
- Providing support on employment issues arising in transactions.
- Be involved in marketing and business development of both the department and the firm more generally.
- Develop relationships with the department’s key clients.
- An excellent academic background is desirable;
- Possess exceptional client care skills;
- Have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Be highly motivated and able to add value to the role;
- Be a team player and able to get on with others; and
- Possess networking and client development skills.
Expectations documents for the roles of a Solicitor, Associate and Partner at Flint Bishop are available on request.
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A five-minute walk from Derby city centre
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.