A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a solicitor to join one of the largest and fastest growing employment law teams in the East Midlands.
This role will be ideal for someone looking to develop their career with a varied and interesting workload, flexibility and freedom in a supportive and friendly environment.
About the role
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Manage their own varied caseload
- Provide employment law advice to education and commercial clients by telephone, email and face-to-face meetings
- Draft advice reports supporting clients with processes and other documentation such as settlement agreements
- Be involved in marketing and business development for both the department and the firm
- Have at least three years of post-qualification experience in dealing with employment law matters
- Hold an excellent academic background
- Possess exceptional client care skills
- Have intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite
- Be highly motivated and able to add value to the role
- Be able to demonstrate proactive management of matters with minimal supervision
- Be a team player and work well with others
- Possess networking and client development skills
Preferably, the successful candidate will have experience of working within the education sector with an understanding of the burgundy and green book terms and conditions.
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A five-minute walk from Derby city centre
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.