An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Family & Matrimonial team as a paralegal.
This is a full-time role in the family team, based in our Derby office and occasionally working from our Ashbourne office.
Our Family & Matrimonial team, which is headed up by Legal 500-recommended Kirpal Bidmead, is renowned for providing first-class knowledge with a personal touch.
About the role
This is an excellent role for those interested in pursuing a career in family law. The successful candidate will work for our highly-experienced Family & Matrimonial team and will be responsible for:
- All aspects of administration
- Preparing court bundles
- Working closely with clients, including court attendance and providing full support to the team
- Dealing with correspondence and calls
- Instructing experts and chasing up reports
- Drafting documents
- Briefing counsel
- Assisting with invoicing
- Have previous family law experience
- Be a Legal Practice Course or Bar Professional Training Course graduate
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as a keen eye for detail
- Enjoy working in a friendly, supportive and service-focused culture
- Be able to manage demanding workloads and work on your own initiative
- Have motivation and commitment to delivering family law support in the Midlands.
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts, cakes and fruit
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A five-minute walk from Derby city centre
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.