An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Family & Matrimonial team as a solicitor.
This is a full-time role in the family team, based in our Derby office and occasionally working from our Ashbourne office.
Our Family & Matrimonial team, which is headed up by Legal 500-recommended Kirpal Bidmead, is renowned for providing first-class knowledge with a personal touch.
About the role
This is an excellent role for those interested in pursuing a career in family law. The successful candidate will join a team of highly-experienced family law solicitors and will be provided with:
- A mixed caseload to include divorce, financial and private law children work and an opportunity to see cases through from start to finish
- Independence to conduct cases, whilst benefitting from working with a team which prides itself on client focussed advice
- The opportunity to conduct their own advocacy to include both Children Act 1989 cases (Directions Hearings) and Financial Remedy proceedings (Directions Hearings, FDA’s and FDR’s)
- A platform to further strengthen and raise the team’s market presence
- Ideally have a minimum of two years post-qualification experience in family law, particularly court experience
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as a keen eye for detail
- Enjoy working in a friendly, supportive and service-focused culture
- Be able to manage demanding workloads and work on your own initiative
- Have motivation and commitment to delivering family law support in the Midlands
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts, cakes and fruit
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A five-minute walk from Derby city centre
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.