We are recruiting for a large loss solicitor to join our Insurance Litigation team.
We seek individuals who can deliver the exceptional quality client service synonymous with Flint Bishop and who share our ethos and commitment to building long-lasting client relationships.
We are currently on a recruitment drive to expand our 180 lawyers and support staff across the firm in response to significant organic growth together with several major clients wins.
We pride ourselves on delivering excellent client-focused services, with high retention rates of both clients and staff backed by sound financial stability.
The Insurance Litigation team recently won The Legal 500′s ‘Regional Insurance Firm of the Year’ award and are currently ranked as a Tier 1 Commercial Litigation department in The Legal 500.
About the role
Given the high profile nature of this role and the opportunities it provides, we are inviting applications from exceptional candidates who have an excellent academic background, a proven successful track record and extensive experience within the field of defending catastrophic injury and large loss claims.
The successful candidate will effectively conduct a caseload of complex defendant catastrophic injury (large loss) pre-litigated and litigated claims, received from motor insurance clients. They will also;
- Supervise, mentor and develop effectively more junior members of the team
- Engage in high-level client relationship contact and development
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellence in complex defendant catastrophic injury/large loss motor claims
- Demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to dealing with claims
- Assist insurer clients in devising strategies aimed at achieving exposure containment and reduction
- Ideally, have at least six years’ post qualification experience in dealing with defendant catastrophic/serious injury litigation matters
- Have an excellent academic background
- Possess exceptional client care skills
- Have excellent knowledge of IT systems and processes
- Be a team player and able to get on with and lead others
- Possess excellent networking and client development skills
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A 5-minute walk from Derby city centre
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.