An exciting opportunity for a support engineer or technology trainer to join our IT team.
We are a modern-thinking, Legal 500-recommended firm with leading individuals and we would like to hear from candidates with an IT background.
We are looking for demonstrable experience to establish an excellent future career in a top 200 UK law firm with a national presence and the reputation of being a great place to work.
The successful candidate will provide first level support to over 170 employees within Flint Bishop, acting from telephone, face-to-face and email requests.
This is a full-time permanent position based at the Derby office.
About the role
As part of this role, you would:
- Provide first level support to over 170 employees within Flint Bishop, acting from telephone, face-to-face and email requests
- Deliver software and hardware support on workstations and mobile devices
- Be responsible for inducting new starters on technology processes such as account creation and training
- Administer Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange user accounts
- Work within a small IT team and report directly to the Head of IT
- Liaise with third party providers to report issues and assist with fault rectification
- Perform administrative tasks such as preparing information and equipment for use by internal staff and provide IT for meetings, webinars, etc.
- Maintain identification and records of all IT assets
- Conduct training needs analysis and deliver solutions through written manuals, formal classroom training, desk-side training and workshops
- Ensure user technology housekeeping procedures are compliant
- Maintain IT procedures documentation
- Assist with ISO compliance reviews and updating of records
- IT stock ordering
- Provide management information reporting from internal applications
- Have an understanding of network technologies and concepts
- Ideally have experience in using Active Directory
- Have a good knowledge of Windows 7 to 10 desktop operating systems
- Have in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Know how to deliver basic PC and printer support
- Ideally have experience in delivering training within a legal or professional services environment
- Be presentable and trustworthy
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude
- Have a full UK driving license
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A 5-minute walk from Derby city centre
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.