An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated paralegal to join our busy and expanding Commercial Property team.
We are seeking to recruit a motivated, client-focused and friendly property paralegal who is looking for an exciting but challenging opportunity.
Our Property team has an enviable client base and we expect the successful candidate to have excellent career progression opportunities within the team.
The team’s work covers a wide range of property matters from commercial and residential site acquisitions, commercial and residential development, funding arrangements and agreements, planning and infrastructure agreements, joint ventures and options, commercial leases and general landlord and tenant advice. We also have education sector specialists within the team who act for a number of schools, universities and further education establishments, as well as partners who deal with agricultural transactions.
About the role
This role presents an excellent and exciting opportunity for a conscientious, hard-working and focused paralegal to progress their career as a property lawyer.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- Perform legal research
- Undertake file opening procedures
- Complete Land Registry applications
- Complete Stamp Duty Land Tax forms and submission
- Scan documents
- Deal with telephone enquiries
- Prepare reports on title
- Draft basic property documents
- Put together title packs
- Attend meetings with other fee earners and prepare notes
- Schedule deeds and documents
- Have a law degree (2.1 or higher) or other legal qualification
- Have completed the Legal Practice Course
- Ideally have a minimum of six months’ experience working within a commercial property team
- Possess excellent client care and communication skills
- Have a sound knowledge of IT systems and processes, such as the Microsoft suite
- Be a hard-working and highly-motivated individual with the ability to work cohesively as part of a larger team
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme, which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A five-minute walk from Derby city centre
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.