An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Wills, Probate, Tax & Trusts team as a will writer.
The Legal 500-ranked Wills, Probate, Tax & Trusts team goes from strength-to-strength and is looking for a successful candidate who will play a major role in the team’s expansion.
About the role
The successful candidate will be taking instructions from a number of different sources, primarily from face-to-face meetings and home visits.
You will be drafting a range of wills from basic and mirror wills to those of a more complex nature including property trusts, exclusion of family members and those with multiple beneficiaries.
Where appropriate, you will assist other fee earners within the team as and when required, manage your workload using a case management system and complete associated administrative tasks where necessary.
- Be engaging, client-focused, have excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport quickly
- Have a proactive, hard-working approach and enjoy working as part of a team in a culture that is highly focused, but friendly and supportive
- Enjoy working with and be very comfortable in using a variety of IT software packages including Microsoft Office
- Ideally, have 12 months’ experience in a will writing role or working within a wills and/or probate discipline and environment
- Have a full UK driving licence and your own transport
- Depending on experience, you will be assisting the current will writing team with a view to your own independent caseload
- Have a willingness to get involved in the business development and marketing activities of the department
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts, cakes and fruit
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A five-minute walk from Derby city centre
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.