A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Commercial Contracts team as a solicitor.
We are currently on a recruitment drive to expand our 170 lawyers and staff across the firm in response to significant organic growth together with several major clients wins.
We pride ourselves in delivering excellent client-focused services, with high retention rates of both clients and staff remised on sound financial stability.
The Commercial Contracts team are currently ranked as a Tier 2 department in the Legal 500 and advise a diverse range of organisation, from SMEs to large corporates like Panasonic.
About the role
This role would be ideal for someone looking to develop their career with a varied and interesting workload, flexibility and freedom in a supportive and friendly environment.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will work very closely with the head of the department and there will be opportunities to help shape the strategic direction and marketing efforts of the team as well as to mentor and help develop junior employees.
Your role, amongst other things, will be to;
- Manage a varied caseload
- Draft a range of commercial contracts
- Advising on contracts and contractual issues
- Data protection advice
- Develop junior members of the team
- Be involved in marketing and business development of both the department and the firm
- Ideally, have four to seven years of post-qualification experience in dealing with commercial contract matters
- Preferably, have an excellent academic background
- Possess exceptional client care skills
- Have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be highly motivated and able to add value to the role
- Be able to demonstrate proactive management of matters with a minimum of supervision
- Be a team player and able to get on with others
- Possess networking and client development skills
Benefits of working for Flint Bishop
We pride ourselves on offering a flexible working environment that also includes industry-leading perks and benefits such as:
- Discounted legal services for you (between 15 to 25%)
- Discounted legal services for your family (15%)
- Ability to buy and sell holidays and book holidays in half-hour increments
- Employee Assistance Programme to give you support with lifestyle and medical issues
- Salary-sacrifice pension scheme
- Reduced working hours on your birthday
- Membership to the Flint Bishop Incentive Scheme which gives you discounts across a broad range of products and services
- Regular treat days including ice creams, samosas, chocolate, doughnuts and cakes
- A 20-minute walk from Derby train station
- A five-minute walk from Derby city centre
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.
How to apply
If this role is of interest to you, please complete the following form:
Alternatively, you can send your CV directly to Holly Dixon via email or post. We ask that you do not work on recruiting for our vacancies if you are not on our preferred supplier list. If you would like to apply to be a preferred supplier, please email Holly Dixon.