Ian joined the firm as a trainee in 1985 and, after several years with another regional law firm, returned to Flint Bishop Solicitors as a Commercial property Partner in 1992, becoming Senior Partner & Head of Commercial Property in 2001, then Managing Partner of Private Client Services in 2015 and then Partner & Head of Commercial Property & Compliance in 2018.
Over the last 30 years, I have advised some of the region’s largest property and construction firms these include one of the country's largest privately owned contractors and developers, Bowmer & Kirkland, as well as the Clowes Group of Companies, who specialise in industrial, commercial and residential property development.
Ian’s commercial property team have been fortunate enough to work on some of the largest and most exciting development projects anywhere in the country. For example:
- the £100m East Midlands Distribution Centre at Castle Donington currently being used by Marks & Spencers PLC
- CO-OP's new 500,000 sq ft distribution centre at Castlewood Business Park
- the £35m acquisition and development of a major mixed-use out-of-town retail scheme
- the acquisition and development of South Quay Hayle Harbour in Cornwall. This is now being used as an ASDA superstore and includes apartments and other retail units.
The commercial property team have also helped the Land Registry of England and Wales along with Derby College dispose of over £150m worth of commercial property in recent years.
What can Ian help you with?
- Site acquisitions
- Site Assembly
- Joint Ventures
- Funding arrangements and agreements
"go out of their way to understand clients' requirements".
The Legal 500 2014
: 01332 226 125Mobile
: 07985 104 320Email
: firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to connect with Ian on LinkedIn