In January 2003, Qamer joined Flint Bishop Solicitors from Edwards Geldard in Cardiff, making Partner in 2005, Head of Commercial Litigation in 2008, Managing Partner of Commercial Services in 2015 and then Chief Executive in 2018.
Specialising in all types of commercial dispute resolution, Qamer has built a strong reputation in property litigation disputes and professional negligence claims.
Qamer has a wealth of experience in complex commercial litigation claims, with a particular interest in Chancery, property litigation (for landlords, tenants & property developers), banking litigation, insolvency and professional negligence claims.
Qamer has appeared in a number of widely reported cases and successfully acted for National Insurance and Guarantee Corporation Ltd (reported  Lloyd’s Law Report 46).
Qamer regularly contributes articles and opinion pieces to legal and business publications and speaks at a number of seminars in his field.
How can Qamer help?
- Commercial Contract Disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership Disputes
- Insurance Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Property Litigation
- Winners of the ‘Law Firm of the Year’ category, Credit Awards 2018
- Winners of the ‘Collections’ category, CCR Awards 2017
- Winners of ‘Best Legal Team’, Credit Today 2016
- Winners of the ‘Collections’ category, CCR Awards 2015
- Winners of ‘Legal Recovery Firm of the Year’, Credit Today’s Debt Collection Awards
- Highly Commended for the ‘Legal and Enforcement’ category, CCR Awards 2015
- Finalists for Credit Today Awards' 'Litigation Team of the Year
- Member of Professional Negligence Lawyers Association and Property Litigation Association
- Won The Legal 500's 'Regional Firm of the Year Award for Insurance Litigation
- Won the 'Legal Recovery Firm of The Year' award in the national Credit Today Debt Collection Awards
- Shortlisted for The Legal 500 'East Midlands Firm of the Year Litigation
- Recommended by The Legal 500
- Listed in The Legal 500 'Leading Lawyer' rankings
- Managed his team to a Legal 500 'Top Tier' firm for Commercial Litigation and Professional Negligence Litigation
"Qamer Ghafoor makes a client’s dispute his own, battling for the very best outcome with passion and steely charm."
The Legal 500 2017
"We were impressed with how Flint Bishop understood our needs and requirements. Referring cases to them was very easy and often, letters and forms were sent out on the very same day. Additionally, the quality of work done for us is of an excellent standard, particularly in more complex matters."
Neil Cole, UK Mail
"Qamer Ghafoor has worked closely with LexisNexis to really get under the skin of our business. This has resulted in excellent delivery of results, high engagement with senior stakeholders and an approach which is “in partnership” with our business. He takes customer care very seriously, and balances this well with new ideas based on sound judgement and strong grasp of the detail."
Wai-fung Thompson, Commercial Director, LexisNexis
“Very high level of service and excellent attention to detail.”
The Legal 500 2016
"Qamer Ghafoor and his team helped to dramatically improve our debt recovery and litigation processes; throughput and recoveries – astute; driven and highly customer focussed a real asset and a true business partner."
Alex Sage, Finance Director, LexisNexis
"As a listed company we had our panel of City firms. I was surprised when someone suggested a Derby firm and was concerned that they might not have the resources to handle a matter of this size and complexity. But Flint Bishop’s performance and service has definitely changed my view. The sums recovered by Flint Bishop for Southern Cross have surpassed all expectations."
Restructuring chairman, Southern Cross Healthcare Group PLC
“His quality of advice and level of service is second-to-none.”
The Legal 500 2015
"Flint Bishop’s debt recovery and cash flow improvement service is one of the best I have ever used. Not only can they handle small or large volume instructions very well, they also deliver excellent levels of service and support throughout the whole process."
Dean Nelson, Business Recovery & Insolvency Services Partner, Smith Cooper LLP
"first class business acumen" and "regional rates with a London service". Qamer Ghafoor is "available 24/7", providing "sound advice" and "a very strong understanding of what is achievable"
The Legal 500 2014
"‘Formidable litigator’ Qamer Ghafoor heads the expanding team at Flint Bishop LLP, which recently hired barrister Helen Edwards. Ghafoor ‘genuinely cares about his cases, works phenomenally hard, and brings the kind of approach you would expect from a partner at a big City firm’. "
The Legal 500 2013
"Cares deeply about his cases, and so provides a dedicated personal service".
"Practice head Qamer Ghafoor ‘cares deeply about his cases, and so provides a dedicated personal service’."
"A first-rate service to the level of the Magic Circle, with the cost of a regional firm".
"Flint Bishop LLP is recommended for its claimant practice. Qamer Ghafoor is ‘hardworking and good with clients’."
The Legal 500 2012
DDI: 01332 226154
Mobile: 07799 748737
Click here to connect with Qamer on LinkedIn