Edinburgh City Council have recently released their revised Licensing Policy.
The following are the main points to note:
- Board policy on hours remains unchanged.
- Overprovision areas:
- Old Town, Princess Street and Leith Street
- Deans Village
- Southside, Canongate, Dumbiedykes
- Indicative terminal hours for children and young persons will now be as follows:
- Children – 23:00 and 01:00 (when attending a private function on the premises accompanied by an adult)
- Young persons – 01:00
- Extension of terminal hours during the Edinburgh Festival, Fringe and the Christmas and New Year period (18 December to 03 January 2019)
- Two-hour extension to the usual terminal hour is regarded acceptable in the normal course of events, however, this will only apply where the operating plan for particular premises contains a statement of intention by the licence holder to take advantage of such extended trading periods.
- If the operating plan does not indicate a statement of intention by the licence holder to take advantage of such extended trading periods, an application for extended hours will have to be made. The Edinburgh Licensing Board Policy can be found here.