We provide the complete commercial debt recovery service; from outsourced early arrears collections through to expert litigation, all handled in-house by a multi-award-winning law firm.


Visit our debt recovery website

It’s happening! The highly anticipated UEFA EURO 2024 fixtures for the group stages have been released and with the first match only a few months away, now is the time to start getting your premises ready to ensure that you have everything in place to trade legally and successfully on match days.

We have highlighted below some of the key fixtures, but the full schedule can be found here.

14 June Germany -v- Scotland Munich 21:00
16 June Serbia -v- England Gelsenkirchen 21:00
19 June Scotland -v- Switzerland Cologne 21:00
20 June Denmark -v- England Frankfurt 18:00
23 June Scotland -v- Hungary Stuttgart 21:00
25 June England -v- Slovenia Cologne 21:00

As a reminder, below are the key things to consider:

Check your premises licence

Before hosting an event at a licensed premises, always review the licence and its conditions to ensure it aligns with your planned activities and timings. Check for any provisions allowing extension of licensable hours for major sporting events. If your licence doesn’t cover your event, consider applying for a temporary event notice.

Screening of events

Under the Licensing Act exemptions, live television doesn’t require permission, but showing pre-recorded matches does. You can get permission on your premises licence, through applying for films or applying for a temporary event notice (TEN). For outdoor screenings, check your premises licence in case of any restrictions and get a TEN if needed. Also, make sure you have the necessary commercial subscriptions and a TV licence. More information on applying for a Temporary Event Notice can be found on our website here.

Alcohol If you are considering adding a temporary outdoor bar or extending alcohol sales to enable screening events outdoors or outside regular hours, check your premises licence for operating hours, conditions, and licensed areas. If not covered, you will need to apply for a TEN.

Temporary event notices (TENs)

TENs allow for licensing activities under the Licensing Act 2003, applicable to both licensed and unlicensed premises. Standard TEN applications must be submitted 10 working days before the event, while late TENs require submission 5 working days prior, with no appeal process available in the event of an objection.

The allowance limit for TENs for 2024 is as follows:

  • If you have a personal licence to sell alcohol, you can be given up to 50 TENs a year. If not, then you are limited to 5.
  • A single premises can have up to 15 TENs applied for in one year, as long as the total length of the events is not more than 21 days.
  • If you’re organising separate but consecutive events, there must be at least a 24-hour gap between them.

For more information about showing the Euros or any other major sports events in your licensed premises, please call us on 01332 226 151 or email enquiries@flintbishop.co.uk.




Scroll to next section

Scroll back to the top