Nick Wells is a Commercial Dispute Resolution Partner at Flint Bishop Solicitors.
Nick specialises in Commercial Litigation and has gained a significant reputation for his analytical ability and judgement on complex commercial disputes.
Nick has been praised by major commercial clients for his tactical advice and commercial approach to dispute resolution.
Nick’s ability to grasp complex and technical issues has seen excellent results in a number of high value and complex matters in recent years; he is now established as one of the leading commercial litigation lawyers in the Midlands, often handling multi-million High Court cases against major national firms.
Nick has developed a particular specialism in dealing with complex commercial disputes in specialist lists of the High Court. Nick has been instructed on cases involving seven-figures-plus sums in Chancery, Mercantile, Commercial Court and TCC by well-known names such as Bowmer & Kirkland Group, The Land Registry, the Food Standards Agency, Henry Boot Plc., LexisNexis and Derby County Football Club.
Nick also has significant expertise in commercial property litigation and supervises the licensed trade division of the firm’s property litigation team which acts for clients including Marston’s PLC.
How can Nick help?
- Commercial contract disputes
- Corporate disputes
- Insurance disputes
- Commercial landlord and tenant disputes
- Commercial property and development disputes
- Insolvency appointments and disputes
- Credit management and risk.
Awards & Accolades
- Part of the team that won the ‘Law Firm of the Year’ category at the Credit Awards 2018
- Part of the team that won the ‘Collections’ category at the CCR Awards 2017
- Recommended by the Legal 500 as an individual who gives “clear advice and sticks to it”
- Part of the ‘Tier One’ Legal 500 Commercial Litigation team
- Part of the team that was highly recommended in the ‘Legal and Enforcement’ category, CCR Awards 2015
- Part of team that won the ‘Legal Recovery Firm of the Year’ award in the National Credit Today Debt Collection Awards
- Part of the team Shortlisted for The Legal 500 ‘East Midlands Firm of the Year Litigation’.
Work HighlightsExample 1
Nick acted in a breach of contract claim in the Commercial Court against Serco Plc arising out of a £80m Ministry of Defence IT contract and associated sub-contract, which settled successfully.Example 2
Nick acted as a director and shareholder of a private health company in bringing an unfair prejudice petition in the Chancery Division against the majority shareholders, which resulted in a settlement of circa £1.2mExample 3
Nick managed a realisations project for a private healthcare provider, which has resulted in over £6m in recoveries.
“Nick wells gives clear advice and sticks to it and has led the team that triggered the completion of a lease on behalf of a property developer”
The Legal 500 2017
“You were pragmatic and reassuring with your communications. I particularly noted and hugely appreciated your dedicated to the case out of office hours to ensure prompt action and responses to all concerned. You are wonderfully knowledgeable and clearly an expert in your field.”
Director, Private Health Care Company
"I have worked with Nick over a number of years and would recommend his expertise in delivering the correct solution without hesitation. Nick is a consummate professional with a keen eye for detail, he is commerical and has pragmatic-solving skills, together with excellent technical knowledge. Nick is a pleasure to work with and more importantly, good to have in your corner".
Dean Nelson, Head of Business Recovery & Insolvency, Smith Cooper LLP
: 01332 226 143Mobile
: 07801 789 782Email
: firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to connect with Nick on LinkedIn